What Is the Statement of Purpose for Internship?
A statement of purpose for an internship is a letter of intent that applicants for the internship write. In it you will explain why you are the right choice for the role of intern. Your qualifications for the position and what you hope to accomplish professionally through the position should be included.
How to Write the Statement of Purpose for Internship
The statement of purpose internship applicants write will contain much the same type of information as in any statement of purpose but it is presented in a different format. The following is the outline of the parts of the internship statement of purpose and what should be included in each section:
- Header: Your statement of purpose for scholarship should be written using a business letter format. The date will be aligned to the left margin. Two lines underneath the date is the recipients contact information (full name, company name, department name, address, phone, fax and/or email.
- Salutation: Greet the recipient with a formal salutation such as “Dear “followed by the appropriate honorific and the last name of the person. If you are unable to get the recipient’s name then address them by their job title.
- First paragraph/Introduction: State the purpose of the letter (applying for the internship) Include the name of the position and the time frame of the internship. If someone referred you to the internship, include the name of that person and the reason they referred you.
- Second paragraph: Provide some basic background details about yourself that are relevant to the internship. This might include your desired career field, academic background, current employer or industry you are employed in.
- Third paragraph: Outline the reasons why you think you’re a good fit for the internship. Include a short list of the skills you have relevant to the position. Limit the list to no more than 5 skills. Depending on your background and goals you could also include one or two career goals and one or two previous experiences as long as they are relevant.
- Conclusion: Thank the person for their time and consideration
If you are unsure how to write the statement of purpose for internship, you may want to consider making use of our statement of purpose writing service.
About Our Statement of Purpose Writing Service
We offer statement of purpose writing and editing for any field or position. The writers we use are skilled professionals and every writer has a college degree. In addition each writer has proven experience writing successful SOPs. Whether you need a statement of purpose edited or you need an entire statement written from scratch, they are well qualified to assist you. Additional benefits of using our sop writing services include:
- Guarantees of complete customer satisfaction and on time delivery with all work we provide
- Inexpensive rates that can be managed on a tight budget
- Fast and easy online order and payment process
- Live customer support 24/7