A few facts about the University of Arizona
University of Arizona is a public institution that was founded in the year 1885. The University of Arizona is located in Tucson, Arizona and has a current enrollment of over 31,600 undergraduate students. There are a wide variety of research opportunities for both undergraduates and graduate students at the University of Arizona. The most popular majors at the University of Arizona are Business Management, Biological and Biomedical Sciences, and Social Sciences. Notable alumni of the University of Arizona include reality television star Kourtney Kardashian and journalist Geraldo Rivera.
How to write for the University of Arizona essay prompt
The only University of Arizona prompt provided is shown here:
“A personal statement is our best means of getting to know you and your best means of putting your academic performance and activities in the context of your life. There are no “wrong” answers. When you write your personal statement, tell us about those aspects of your life that are not evident from your academic record. Because personal statements are brief, they usually focus on one aspect of a student’s life. For example, you could focus on a character-defining moment, a cultural awareness, a challenge faced, family background or cultural heritage, individual talents, academic commitment, or extracurricular activities. Tell us what you would like us to know about you in considering you for admission and/or scholarships.”
The following are some tips that can be used when responding to the University of Arizona essay prompt:
- Try to be original. It isn’t easy to do with so many personal statements written before you. Using personal anecdotes will provide some originality and provide some individuality
- Be specific. Don’t make general statements. When you respond to the University of Arizona essay prompt, focus on the one main thing/idea you would like admissions know about you that they don’t already know.
- Avoid the use of clichés, quotations, big words that you wouldn’t use normally, and long flowery statements. These are common mistakes made when somebody is trying to show how smart they are, or when they don’t have anything to say.
- Try and show a connection between your academic goals/plans and something the University of Arizona offers, that shows why you want to be a student there.
- Edit and proofread. Not just for spelling and grammatical errors. Make sure your your personal statement is easy to understand and to read.
It’s high time you used this professional SoP writing help!
Here is an example of a University of Arizona personal statement:
I love stories and I love telling them. It is something of an obsession and one that I believe I can devote my life to. Much to my regret, the number of stories I have begun is far larger than those that I have finished.. They lack something that I find in the stories I enjoy reading, and seem too ordinary to bother with.
For many years I have had the desire to be the next J.K. Rowling or the next JRR Tolkien. I would like to be someone who crafts a tale so epic, so brilliant, readers throughout generations are unable to put it down until they have finished. However, I haven’t exactly been successful in my endeavor. I have devoured tons of books, spent countless hours on the Internet researching anything and everything, searching through countless words, sentences and paragraphs for an inspiration, an idea that would drive me to write until I am satisfied with my work.
My burning ambitions, my high expectations of myself and my stubborn determination are all present. This struggle to unburden myself of the untold story is an integral part of who I am, a part that cannot and will not change.
The image of some child in fifty years or 100 years picking up my book and gaining the same inspiration from me I have gained from authors such as Alexander Dumas and Harper Lee pushes me past any sadness I feel at each idea. The dream, the burning ambition of my name on every bookshelf propels me to write.