Importance of Northwestern University Essay Prompt
Northwestern University is a private institution that was founded in 1851. It is located in Evanston, Illinois and has a current undergraduate enrollment of over 8600 students. Northwestern University is ranked number 13 among U.S. schools. Northwestern University is made up of nine undergraduate programs and 10 graduate programs including Kellogg School of Management. The three most popular majors at Northwestern University are Economics, Journalism, and Psychology. Alumni include retired U.S. Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens, comedian Stephen Colbert, and Tony Award-winning actress Heather Headley.
In 1853, founders of the Northwestern University gathered in proximity to Lake Michigan and established a campus that would later be one of the most prolific universities in the United States. In honor of one of the founding fathers, the members also established a town nearby known as Evanston, after John Evans. The first building of the university was completed in 1855, and the campus became fully fledged with 10 students and two faculty members. Today, Northwestern University ranks as one of the best universities in America. And to improve your chances of enrollment, you need to have a comprehensive northwestern university essay prompt, as well as impressive statement of purpose. Don’t worry, if you have no idea about how to write SoP or essay prompt we are here to provide you with all the needed information!
Top 5 Programs at Northwestern University
Here are the top 5 best programs available at Northwestern University if you’re looking to pursue your MBA there.
- Accounting. This program trains individuals in theoretical, empirical, and analytical methods that are concentrated on the importance of marketing in the financial world.
- Applied Physics. With this program, you have the freedom to select between engineered quantum systems, material physics, and condensed matter, optical properties of matter and photonics, among many others.
- Communication. This program educates individuals in their bid to become effective and highly valued leaders in the future.
- Counseling. This program is dedicated to enabling individuals to transform themselves as leaders of the future in the profession of counseling.
- Electrical Engineering. The program here is famous for having state of the art equipment, conducting complex research, and providing ample resources to students at the university.
Useful Tips on Writing Northwestern University Essay
Aside from the Common Application, Northwestern has supplemental essays.
The following is a Northwestern University essay prompt for a supplemental essay:
A few tips on how to respond to the above Northwestern University essay prompt:
- Do some in-depth research. Look into things like special programs, classes that aren’t offered elsewhere, internships, professors especially noted in the field of study you are in and anything unique that Northwestern offers that you can’t get elsewhere, that are also is in line with your academic plans.
- Know what you are talking about. If you mention a program, internship or something else unique in your Northwestern essay, you should know something about it. Don’t just throw it in there to make a good impression. If you are asked about it, be prepared to answer questions.
- Try and make a personal connection. Did you get interested because of somebody you know? Have you observed something special first hand while on a school tour or do you have a friend or family member that went to Northwestern? A personal connection adds a touch of your personality.
- Relate something specific from Northwestern to specific goals you have. Show how being accepted affects your goals. Being specific is key. “If I’m accepted into your great school my career will be better” doesn’t work.
- Edit. Did you respond to the question? Is your essay organized and focused? Does it read well? Is it free of mistakes? Nobody writes their best essay the first draft. Tweak it, adjust it and polish it up. Let it sit and do it again. It isn’t unusual for some to revise and edit 10 or more times.
An example of a Northwestern University personal statement is shown here:
I was given complete freedom to pursue what I wanted as I grew up, and considered myself fortunate to have had that opportunity. I followed my imagination and desires, knowing that with a little innovation, perseverance would pay me back eventually. Weinberg College’s liberality is an example of a prime education fostering principles that are intellectually challenging and fulfilling. I believe education in its barest form should be broadminded, and the College enforces that quality.
When I chanced upon the Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences, the possibility to study three disparate passions without leaping from college to college captured my interest. I realized that the multifaceted nature of the Weinberg education would allow me to receive the best possible education in topics from opposite sides of the academic spectrum and actually merge them together, something I believed in but wasn’t sure was possible
Apart from the academic options of the officially recognized colleges, the Kellogg Business program and the Center for the Writing Arts offer additional resources to further my particular studies. The knowledge gained from a Northwestern education suitably complements the university’s proximity to Chicago, a city well suited to develop a professional career in the fields of business and art.
The Weinberg College has a diverse and deeply intellectual climate; statistics prove it, and I entirely expect it. Experience has taught me that my own abilities, struggles, and ideas will eventually lead to success. Regardless of the near or distant future, education in creative writing, business, and the biological sciences at Northwestern will undoubtedly launch me another step in a much longer journey.
Writing an essay might seem to be not enough? Our team can offer you even more!
What to Avoid When Writing Your Northwestern University Essay
When applying to Northwestern University, one of the things that you need to have is a statement of purpose. That being said, when writing a statement of purpose, here are some of the things that you need to avoid.
- Procrastinating with the essay. Procrastinating with the essay is a recipe for disaster because it prevents you from putting in enough work to get something great from the essay.
- Using slang in your essay. In just about every context when it comes to academic and formal applications, it is prohibited for one to use slang. That’s because when you do so, you face the chance of being severely penalized and your application being overlooked.
- Going over the required word count. There is a specific word count that is normally put in place. Surpassing this word count can prove detrimental for you as you are seriously breaking one of the recommendations for the application process.
We Can Help You to Write an Impressive Northwestern University Personal Statement
Here are some of the ways that our services can be beneficial to you:
- Quality writing. We will strive to provide you with a great Northwestern University personal statement that greatly improves your chances of being enrolled into Northwestern University
- On-time delivery. Apart from great writing, our team will also work round the clock to ensure that you receive your SoP before deadline day.
- Superior editing and proofreading. We guarantee that the SoP delivered to you will be of the highest quality, sans any syntax and grammatical errors that might cause you to be penalized.