Why is your marketing SoP so important?
When you make your application you will be asked to write a Statement of Purpose (SoP) or personal statement as part of that application. Unlike the other parts of your application that generally just refer to your qualifications and grades this is your chance to tell the panel in your own words why it is that they should be accepting you onto their program. A well written SoP for marketing can help you to secure your place ahead of your competition. But first you have to write that highly effective marketing SoP that can get you noticed.
What should your marketing SoP cover?
You will have to ensure that your SoP writing tells the panel what they expect to hear, this does not mean however that you should just tell them what they expect even if it is untrue. Many applicants forget that they are trying to show their suitability for a place and forget that they should cover all of the following points if they want the panel to see them as a good choice:
- Show that you have a long standing interest in marketing
- Demonstrate what has influenced that interest and what you have done to follow your interest
- Show that you have a career plan that will use what you learn on their program
- Give valid and unique reasons as to why you want to follow their program
- Show that you are capable of completing their program.
What to avoid when writing your marketing SoP
Many applicants make mistakes with their writing that will quickly see the panel moving on to the next SoP so it is important that you understand what these writing mistakes are:
- Don’t try to be clever with your writing: using a thesaurus to select unusual words will not impress it will just stop the reader from understanding what you have written.
- Do not use acronyms, slang and never profanities.
- Don’t state anything that is obvious, already available within another part of your application or use any clichés.
- Never use filler or discuss anything irrelevant: stick to the point and be concise in your writing.
- Never say that you are applying there because you don’t want to go somewhere else, always approach everything from a positive angle.
- Never copy, or tell lies: This needs to be an honest reflection of you.
- Don’t just stitch together a list of unrelated facts about you, your SoP needs to flow like a story with a clear and logical progression.
- Don’t let any errors creep into your writing. None of us write perfectly so ensure that you proofread carefully.
We can write you an error free marketing SoP
Few people have the skills to write that perfect SoP for marketing which is why you may wish to gain an advantage by using our professional SoP writing experts. We use only highly qualified and very experienced writers to provide our clients with unique and highly engaging SoPs. Also you can find the information about SoP for electrical engineering if you need.