We Know How to Write Quality GRE Waiver Letter Sample and Can Help You
GRE Waiver Letter Sample – What Is It and Why You Need It
Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is one of the most basic requirements when applying to an institution’s graduate program. To compare the qualifications and competence of the applicants for graduate-level academic work, the admission committees of various institutions consider your score, academic record, and supporting documents to form a complete profile for the final selection.
When you have a poor score or cannot take the test because of significant health concerns or any circumstances beyond your control, writing a sample plays a crucial part in your admission process.
Other reasons that can make you eligible to request a GRE waiver sample letter may appear when some students:
- Have sufficient knowledge and skills to meet the criteria that the GRE is measuring
- Have a postgraduate degree
- Have prior 10 years of work experience
- Have previous good scores
If you are one of the applicants who believe that your reason is justified to request a refusal but lack the skills to write a GRE waiver letter sample that is powerful enough to create the right impact, then get guidance and assistance from our professional writers, and increase your chances of joining your desired program without any setbacks.
A Bit About the Importance of GRE Waiver Sample Letter
A GRE waiver MBA is an application document explaining to the concerned university why you were unable to submit your results with your application. It is an official writing piece highlighting your strengths and justifying the request you need to submit to the admission authorities.
The GRE waiver for PhD must come across as personalized and genuine even though written in a formal tone. Also, it is vital to note here that it shouldn’t be written casually or copied off the internet. It must be created with a lot of consideration and professionalism because, through your letter, you must be able to persuade the decision-makers of your program eligibility. So don’t hesitate to take help from our highly experienced writers, who can write a unique and value-added sample so you don’t ruin your chances of getting into the program.
Expert-Made GRE Waiver Letter Examples to Help You in Writing
As one of the first steps, you should always read a couple of professionally written samples. It will allow you to determine the structure and direction of the content of your own writing sample, as well as understand better what is a GRE waiver and what you need to place into it.
Pay special attention to the letter structure. There’s no need to follow it strictly, but clear thought placement makes GRE waiver letter examples easy to read, which, in turn, increases their credibility and chances of application approval.
- Introduction: Open your letter sample stating that you request a waiver for your GRE scores. Introduce yourself and the program you are applying for.
- Body: Provide your reasons for requesting a waiver. Make your reasons clear, concise, and factual. Add your educational background with your GPA and prior work experiences also.
- Conclusion: Summarize your reasons, thank them for their time and consideration, and request that they reply with their decision.
Each request is considered case-by-case, so writing a GRE waiver sample letter with great attention to detail is essential.
Some Document Features to Pay Attention
In addition to showcasing your expertise and waiving eligibility, the letter should be written in your own unique style and reflect your distinct personality, experiences, and viewpoints. A generic content presented to the admission committee will not work in your favor.
While writing a GRE waiver letter sample, be extra mindful of the following:
- The use of polite and formal language.
- The content should be grammatically accurate and semantic.
- Once completed, proofread thoroughly 2-3 times, explicitly checking any spelling mistakes.
- Research the name of the person who will receive your letter sample; addressing him/her will create a personalized effect.
- Always check your eligibility to participate in the program you are applying to.
- Lastly, take expert help if required.
Differences Between GMAT and GRE Waiver Letter Examples
These types of waivers are two entirely different documents to submit a refusal from taking the appropriate standardized tests. Among the key differences are:
- Purpose: The GRE is all about Graduate Record Examination (GRE) waiver, while the GMAT means Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) waiver.
- Target audience: The applicant submits the refusal of the GRE letter to the graduate school or desired program, and the GMAT waiver letter is submitted to the business school or MBA program.
- Format: The format of the two GRE and GMAT waiver letter examples may also differ, as some institutions may have specific requirements concerning the information that must be included in each type of letter.
- Content: The content of the two letter samples may vary depending on the applicant’s reasons for the exemption. As an example, an applicant may claim an exemption from the GRE based on a high school diploma or previous post-graduate work. Still, professional experience or other qualifications must be mentioned to be exempt from the GMAT exam.
- Importance: The importance of the GRE or GMAT waiver request sample may also differ depending on the specific graduate school or business school program(whether there are some specific eligibility requirements or only the quality letter can help get the desired results).
Overall, GRE and GMAT letters request a refusal for the respective standardized tests. Still, the specific details and requirements per each type of letter may differ depending on the program and institution to which you are applying. Check some of our GRE waiver letter examples here to know more about their difference and explore our effective letter-writing techniques you can benefit from.
Want to Get Perfect GRE or GMAT Waiver Letter Examples? Let Us Help!
If you are short of time and need a specialist to make your formal GRE waiver letter sample or other application document stand out in the admissions committee’s eyes, you can rely on us. We provide a thorough profile evaluation to increase your chances of receiving a waiver through our expertly drafted letter. We also offer additional services, such as assistance with a GRE fee waiver form and other cover letters you may need when applying.