University of Michigan Information
University of Michigan – Ann Arbor is a public institution that was founded in 1817. There are approximately 28,300 undergraduate students currently enrolled the University of Michigan. It is ranked number 29 among the best U.S. schools as of the last rankings. The University of Michigan has over 900 student organizations that students may participate in. The three most popular majors at the University of Michigan are Experimental Psychology, Economics, and General Business Administration and Management. University of Michigan notable alumni include former U.S. President Gerald Ford, actress Lucy Liu and NFL quarterback Tom Brady.
Writing to University of Michigan Essay Prompts
Aside from the Common Application there are some supplemental University of Michigan essay prompts.
The following is a University of Michigan essay prompt for a supplemental essay:
“Describe the unique qualities that attract you to the specific undergraduate College or School (including preferred admission and dual degree programs) to which you are applying at the University of Michigan. How would that curriculum support your interests?”
The following tips can be helpful when responding to University of Michigan essay prompts:
- Research before starting your essay. This prompt is asking you what qualities of the program attracted you. Provide some information that shows you have taken the time to research.
- Look for specific examples that the University of Michigan offers that line up with your plans such as certain courses, internships, study abroad programs, particular professors in your field or something else and mention those. Just be sure you have the facts and know what you are talking about.
- Provide your best points first. The information you provide that you think will make the best impression is the information that you should get down first.
- Look for ways to make it personal. How you became interested through somebody you know and respect, something you saw while taking a tour or a family member who went there that told you thing about the school that hooked your interest.
- Edit and proofread several times. When you can go over your essay at least twice with a critical eye and find nothing to correct or that could be improved you are getting close. Have somebody you know who can be objective read your essay if possibleю
An example of a University of Michigan personal statement is shown here:
What’s more, our SoP writers online can help you with SoP writing instantly and effectively.