LMU Essay Prompts: Some Basic Facts About LMU
Loyola Marymount University was founded in 1911 and is a private institution. Among regional universities (west) Loyola Marymount University is ranked number 3. Loyola Marymount University is located in Los Angeles, California and has about 6200 undergraduate students currently enrolled in its programs, making it the largest Catholic school on the west coast. LMU is made up of seven schools and colleges, with five of those schools accepting undergraduates. The most popular majors at Loyola Marymount University are Business Commerce, Visual and Performing Arts and Social Sciences.
Located in Los Angeles California, the Loyola Marymount University is a top academic institution that strives to provide its students with comprehensive academic studies, enabling them to make a meaningful purpose with their lives. To help you stand a better chance at admission acceptance, we provide you with quintessential LMU essay prompts, SoP help or any other application document writing you might need.
LMU Personal Statement as One of the Documents That You are Required to Submit
If you’d like to improve your chances of getting a position to study in LMU, here are some of the requirements and documents that you are required to have during the application process.
- College Entrance Tests. First on the list, you have to avail either your ACT or SAT scores for the university to thoroughly go over. Keeping this in mind, you are encouraged to submit these scores early on to get a headstart with their application.
- Being in the Advanced Placement Program. This program is essential in that it enables the College Board to place students into LMU easily as opposed to scrutinizing all the applications they receive. As a matter of fact, students will find it much easier to enter LMU this way.
- Statement of Purpose/ Personal Essay. Finally, each and every student is required to write a personal statement that describes everything about them. However, they should not write it like a biography, and should only focus on specific parts of your content. As a matter of fact, you can access our LMU essay examples to have a better feel of the kind of content you will be receiving.
The Top 5 Programs to Access in LMU
Here are some of the best programs offered in LMU:
- Accounting. This major assists students evaluate, control and manage business decisions starting from SME’s all the way to corporate level.
- Applied Information Management Systems (AIMS). This major helps students comprehend the importance of computer technology and how it is utilized in the needs of strategic levels, tactical analysis, operational procedures, and organizational properties.
- Biochemistry. This major helps students comprehend the complex chemical processes that lead to the birth of life.
- Biology. If you have a passion for biology, then the biology major at MLU is a perfect fit for you. As a student, you will be exposed to both analytical and critical thinking, as well as dabble in both written and oral skills. This will enable you to amass a strong background in laboratory and field experience. In turn, you will be well prepared for the health profession.
- Computer Science. This major in particular helps students comprehend both computation and data that are involved in natural systems. Additionally, you will also learn a lot about the development of artificial systems, as well as the use and application of algorithms in a myriad of computational processes.
- Economics. Last but not least, LMU offers one of the most advanced majors in economics, enabling one to comprehend the systems dealing with the consumption, distribution, and production of material wealth.
Good Responses to LMU Essay Prompts Can Improve Your Chances
The following is an LMU essay prompt example:
Try using some of these tips when answering LMU essay prompts:
- Focus on just one thing. Don’t try and cover too much area. Choose the one thing that you feel is most important that LMU admissions knows about you and elaborate on that.
- Keep the essay about you. Don’t get so caught up in explaining an experience that you only talk about the experience and not how it relates to you. You are the main attraction here.
- Make sure that you fully address LMU essay prompts. What is all being asked for? This prompt is asking for three things to be addressed, but many people never get past the first part and only answer that. Analyze the prompt to see what they are after.
- Tell a story. Some applicants lament the fact they have no life-altering experiences to make an impression with. However, the most mundane things can get you remembered if it comes via a well-told story. It doesn’t have to be exciting, heroic or heartbreaking.
- Provide examples. If you claim that you have the initiative then give an example that shows your initiative. It’s the “show me, don’t tell me” rule your old English teacher used to harp on. Specific examples make a big difference in how your essay will be viewed.
An example of an LMU personal statement is provided here:
There is a saying that goes “curiosity killed the cat,” that was often uttered in my presence due to my inquisitive ways. I always believed that was why cats had nine lives as my curiosity frequently did seem to result in accidents, and I have a few scars as reminders. As a child, my constant experimenting with virtually anything I could get my hands on earned me the title of “Doctor Demented” in my family. Siblings were considered off-limits as experimental subjects when a concoction based on a recipe developed by a Doctor Hyde resulted in a stomach pumping. In class, I often found myself in trouble as it was hard to sit still while my classmates answered questions that I knew the answers to.
As I got older my interests expanded and I dabbled in virtually everything. My parents expressed some relief that I wasn’t poisoning their other children or blowing things up, but all were relieved when I passed through my fashion and beauty phase and no longer needed models. Science, painting, acting (bad), ballet (worse) were but a few of the other phases I went through.
I have been told that my changing interests display a lack of dedication and maturity an individual should be starting to show at my age. I disagree. I see myself as a Renaissance woman seeking to better myself through becoming a more well-rounded individual. Although I haven’t devoted the same amount of commitment to every activity, I know that those that I remain most passionate towards will follow me throughout my life as I eventually learn what I enjoy the most.
With all this considered, there is still much out there I would like to know more about and I am convinced that cats have more than nine lives.
Benefits of Accessing Our LMU Supplement Essay Writing Service
Here are some of the benefits of contracting our LMU essay writing service:
- Unlimited revisions. You get as many revisions as possible in the event that you are not satisfied with the first delivery of the content.
- On-time delivery. We do our best to ensure that your content is received on time before the deadline of application submission
- Quality content. The content you receive is guaranteed to be of the highest quality without any syntax and grammatical errors.
That being said, if you would like a quality LMU supplement essay, get in touch with our essay writing service today!