Some basic facts about LMU
Loyola Marymount University was founded in 1911 and is a private institution. Among regional universities (west) Loyola Marymount University is ranked number 3. Loyola Marymount University is located in Los Angeles, California and has about 6200 undergraduate students currently enrolled in its programs, making it the largest Catholic school on the west coast. LMU is made up of seven schools and colleges, with five of those schools accepting undergraduates. The most popular majors at Loyola Marymount University are Business Commerce, Visual and Performing Arts and Social Sciences.
Good responses to LMU essay prompts can improve your chances
The following is a LMU essay prompt example:
“Tell us about a personal quality, talent, accomplishment, contribution, or experience that is important to you. What about this quality or accomplishment makes you proud and how does it relate to the person you are?”
Try using some of these tips when answering LMU essay prompts:
- Focus on just one thing. Don’t try and cover too much area. Choose the one thing that you feel is most important that LMU admissions knows about you and elaborate on that.
- Keep the essay about you. Don’t get so caught up in explaining an experience that you only talk about the experience and not how it relates to you. You are the main attraction here.
- Make sure that you fully address LMU essay prompts. What all is being asked for? This prompt is asking for three things to be addressed, but many people never get past the first part and only answer that. Analyze the prompt to see what they are after.
- Tell a story. Some applicants lament the fact they have no life altering experiences to make an impression with. However the most mundane things can get you remembered if it comes via a well told story. It doesn’t have to be exciting, heroic or heartbreaking.
- Provide examples. If you claim that you have initiative then give an example that shows your initiative. It’s the “show me, don’t tell me” rule your old English teacher used to harp on. Specific examples make a big difference in how your essay will be viewed.
An example of a LMU personal statement is provided here:
There is a saying that goes “curiosity killed the cat,” that was often uttered in my presence due to my inquisitive ways. I always believed that was why cats had nine lives as my curiosity frequently did seem to result in accidents, and I have a few scars as reminders. As a child, my constant experimenting with virtually anything I could get my hands on earned me the title of “Doctor Demented” in my family. Siblings were considered off-limits as experimental subjects when a concoction based on a recipe developed by a Doctor Hyde resulted in a stomach pumping. In class, I often found myself in trouble as it was hard to sit still while my classmates answered questions that I knew the answers to.
As I got older my interests expanded and I dabbled in virtually everything. My parents expressed some relief that I wasn’t poisoning their other children or blowing things up, but all were relieved when I passed through my fashion and beauty phase and no longer needed models. Science, painting, acting (bad), ballet (worse) were but a few of the other phases I went through.
I have been told that my changing interests display a lack of dedication and maturity an individual should be starting to show at my age. I disagree. I see myself as a Renaissance woman seeking to better myself through becoming a more well-rounded individual. Although I haven’t devoted the same amount of commitment to every activity, I know that those that I remain most passionate towards will follow me throughout my life as I eventually learn what I enjoy the most.
With all this considered, there is still much out there I would like to know more about and I am convinced that cats have more than nine lives.
Writing statement of purpose is a bonus we’re offering you today!